Flushing Ferry History

The Royal Charter for the Flushing Ferry dates back to 1660 when Charles II granted that the ferry rights to Sir Peter Killigrew

Local men would row across the river to Greenbank Quay.  Nowadays the ferry runs from Flushing Quay to Prince of Wales Pier in Falmouth using larger motor vessels.

For more background photos and history of the ferry visit the following web site.


Flushing originally named Nankersey was renamed by the from the Dutch who originally settled here and built the Quays in the village.